Happy New Year from Bottom Billion Fund!
As we look ahead to our work to be done in 2012, we’d like to take a moment to thank you, our supporters, for helping us to achieve the strong momentum we’ve built these past two months, during which time we’ve:
- Launched our first website
- Started our Bottom Billion Fund blog
- Engaged 127 new supporters & fans of microfinance and extreme poverty solutions on facebook and twitter
- Welcomed our first Friends of Bottom Billion Fund Photographers (like Jonathan Kalan at The BoP Project ; check out his and other photographers’ amazing work on our webpage)
- Spoke with thought leaders and pioneers working on extreme poverty solutions as part of our first global teleconference with the Food For All Summit
- Partnered with Global Room for Women & Buying2Give to help online shoppers support extreme poverty solutions when they shop at Amazon
- Received $2,000 in pledges in our first crowdfunding effort!
What a fantastic couple of months!
We look forward to achieving continued progress in 2012 as we continue to build advocacy, funding and outreach for Bottom Billion Microfinance. Thank you for backing us from the start. We wouldn’t have come this far without you.
And now… onto 2012! We will keep you updated on our progress as we work to place our first investment. To donate or learn other ways to get involved in our work this New Year, click here.
A billion thanks for your continued support as we work together to build the Bottom Billion Fund,
Tom & the Bottom Billion Fund Team